09172019Headline:
5 Green Reasons Costa Rica Is the Poster Child of the Environment 6 years ago
Have You Tried Guanacaste’s Fastest Growing Sport? 6 years ago
Was Your Costa Rican Bank Account Closed? 6 years ago
Latin America Investment News on Viva Tropical

More Airport Options in Nicaragua

Article Summary:

Nicaragua’s newest international airport will be located 65 kilometers south of Managua, at Spanish-owned Montelimar Resort.

Photo Credit: Prensa Nicaragua

Original Article Text From Prensa Nicaragua via Google Translate:

New Airport

The Government of Nicaragua and the Spanish hotel group Barceló signed an agreement to build an international airport in the resort Montelimar, in the Pacific, officials said Sunday.

The agreement, which creates a joint venture between the two parties was signed in a private ceremony in Managua for Nicaragua’s Attorney General Hernan Estrada, and the group’s director for Central and South America Barceló, Juan José Ribas. The international tourist airport runway will be located in the spa Montelimar, in San Rafael del Sur.

Speaking to official media, the Nicaraguan attorney said construction of a new runway will boost investment, tourism and Pacific coastal infrastructure, and will increase the number of tourists to this place with the possibility of direct flights. He also explained that the agreement provides that the State of Nicaragua will have a 75 per cent stake and the Barceló Group the other 25 percent.

Ribas said, meanwhile, that the construction of a new runway will develop and modernize the services offered at the Barcelo Playa Montelimar.

The parties did not disclose the amount to invest in the construction of the track. The agreement involved as witnesses CEO Nicaraguan Tourism Institute (Intur), Mario Salinas, president of the Airports Management Company, Orlando Castillo, and Ambassador of Spain in Managua, León de la Torre Krais.

Link to Original Article:

From Prensa Nicaragua

Latin America Investment News on Viva Tropical